Electronic signs are often put in places like storefronts, parks, and more to help people find their way or keep them up to date with the latest announcements. With advancements in technology we now have access to digital signs which can be changed much quicker and cheaper than physical signs. Here’s a list of things you should know about electronic signs:
– They can display texts and images
– They can be programmed to change automatically
– They’re accessible for those who are vision-impaired
What is an Electronic sign?
The first electronic signs were used in 1970s to provide information on loading and unloading times at stores, with the first commercial use appearing in 1973. Electronic signs are the most cost-effective option for businesses as they can easily be produced, installed, changed or removed. The many advantages of electronic signs include:
1. Cost-effectiveness – You can get big and small signs for less than $100 and sometimes for free. Since they are available as a one-time service, many businesses prefer the easy upgrade.
2. Reduced Risk – You don’t have to hire an in-house sign technician or an in-house electrician. Everything is now automated which means no potential failures and an automated process to repair or upgrade.
How do electronic signs work?
It’s actually pretty simple! It’s just as easy to control an LCD panel as it is to operate a regular sign.
What are the benefits of having an electronic sign?
One of the biggest benefits is being able to change your message on the fly. Instead of having to put up the traditional paper signs, you can instantly change any sign that is displayed with a quick download to your PC, or from your smartphone.
Who is able to control an electronic sign?
If your business has a storefront, anyone in the store or anyone who comes to the store can adjust or change the sign. It’s also easy to change for an event like an open house or a holiday shopping season.
How are they different from physical signs?
While signs are used almost everywhere, there are some things electronic signs can do that physical signs can’t. The main thing is the speed with which they can change.
Physical signs are usually at a place for one hour. When they’re not on the ground, they can be hard to read or be out of date. Electronic signs, on the other hand, can change with a push of a button.
This means that a sign in one area might still be up on the day of an announcement, but one that’s seen on a digital sign might change the next day.
If they have an option, it might be more appropriate to use digital signs because they’re much cheaper and more accessible to people who can’t see.
The advantages of electronic signs
With these benefits, the advantages of electronic signs are as follows:
– You can display the status of any relevant web page on your electronic sign. The best example is if you want to update your Facebook status.
– They can connect to your main website, your social media accounts, your email, etc.
Read also: sign-pdf-online-free