You are probably wondering where to start when furnishing your dining room and selecting its components. But the primary component in any dining room or on your dining table is the dinnerware and pottery in which you serve your guests. It is said that the presentation of food matters as much as the taste, and dinnerware becomes an essential component of the presentation. It is much more than a piece of mud clay that serves the food; it enhances your meals and adds to the overall look of the dining room.
Owning the right dinnerware is crucial as it expresses a sense of personal style. A brunch or dinner party with your friends can be better if the choice for your crockery is right. It sets the mood of dining at home and adds to the experience. Getting quintessential crockery is a considerable investment, but it speaks for its worth when it is appreciated by anyone who comes to dine with you. The money you spend on these little elements also serves you for the long term, ensuring that you don’t have to reinvest in them recurrently.
Dinnerware comes in wide varieties- if you want to explore more options, going to a wholesale dinnerware supplier can be helpful. Call it what you may- dinnerware, dinner, or plates; understanding the different materials, textures, patterns, and uses of dinnerware is pre-eminent as it will make a difference in how you use it. Ranging from formal dinner parties to casual everyday use, your dinnerware is versatile, and opting for something timeless enhances the look and utility.
What To Keep In Mind When You Choose Your Dinnerware?
Pottery is available in multiple materials, from bone china to steel and aluminum. Understanding the functionality of each is the key to selecting the best dinner plates for giving a restaurant-like feel to your meals at home.
Bone China: Bone China as a material is lightweight and looks beautiful in crockery. It is durable and you can use it for everyday dining with family or special occasions. Many patterns and designs come around in the market in bone china which makes a choice overwhelming.
Porcelain: A ceramic material made by heating a particular substance, it is a durable and non-porous option for your dinnerware. This material is dishwasher and microwave safe, which reduces your job of cleaning plates by hand or reheating the food on a gas stove repeatedly. Various designs can be easily painted on porcelain pottery, making it aesthetically preferable.
Melamine: If you host parties at your home regularly or have kids around who break your dinnerware, melamine is your go-to option. This is your dream-come-true crockery which is unbreakable and shatterproof, making it harder to chip. It also looks elegant when simple designs are chosen.
Other options include stone dinnerware, steel, aluminum, copper, and earthenware.
Color And Style:
Dinnerware can range from casual to fancy, simple to bohemian, and many in between with different patterns, prints, carvings, etc. Incorporating a personalized style sense when choosing dinnerware can accentuate the beauty of your dining table and make your meals look picture-perfect. Choosing the right style and color of dinnerware is as important as choosing a suitable material.
The styles of dinnerware can be listed in four or five categories: hand-painted, block printed, machine printed, solid and banded. The colors can range from casual black and white to as many color combinations as possible out of the color wheel. You can stay minimal or be adventurous, choosing whatever you like but ensuring it looks good is essential.
Some Tips For Choosing the Right Style And Color:
- Try to choose neutral colors like white, beige, rose, etc. These shades never go out of contemporary forte and look classier than printed or patterned crockery. If you are experimental, black and gray and pastel colors are your forte.
- Bordered or banded crockeries look minimal and serve you the purpose of adding design to solid colors. They should be your choice if you play safely.
- Hand-painted dinnerware looks exciting and adds a touch of traditional art to your contemporary dining space.
- Never be afraid of choosing something extraordinary while planning for dinnerware but ensure that whatever you choose compliments your sense of style well.
- Stick to a budget. While you should invest in crockery, sticking to a budget is crucial. This will limit your options and give you an idea of what you can get in the budget you are planning.
- Always choose trusted brands and good tableware companies certified for their quality products.
- Before you choose the material and pattern, please educate yourself about handling different types of dinnerware to make it work for longer.
- Consider your purpose- will you use all the pieces daily? Or will you keep your dinnerware for some special occasions? Being transparent with the purpose can define what you exactly want.
Choosing the right dinnerware involves a lot of research beforehand. Carrying a reference picture with you or understanding your sense of style will help if you are new to buying crockery. But remember, the money and time you spend are always worth it in the case of dinnerware.